I remember making her laugh...
I remember making her cry...
I remember her hands covered in flower when she made fried chicken...
I remember her watching from the deck me, Jennifer, Jeff, and Brent act like crazies in the swimming pool...
I remember driving and getting Diary Queen dipped cones on the way back to her little house...
I remember her hanging her laundry on the clothes line and the horses would come out and greet her...
I remember her face at Christmas time... and her Sock- Shop boxes...
I remember her watching Jennifer and I opening Christmas gifts, my things where purple, Jennifer's always pink...
I remember her sofa's were always covered with blankets (which I never understood), with her tweezers, mirror, and gossip magazines sitting on the table...
I remember going to get my favorite orange juice when I would visit her house, "Bright and Early" and letting me pick out my favorite cereal (always something Mom would never allow)...
I remember crawling around her house after we were supposed to be asleep and hearing her yell "Get back in bed" one hundred times...
I remember driving her insane when Jennifer & I used the phone book to find pen-pals... We got a sweet TV repair man!
I remember her chasing me with a wooden spoon when I would prank call 911...
I remember her telling me to get off the phone when I was waisting time talking to stupid boys...
I remember her always giving me the biggest hugs and she never said I love you enough...
I remember her being so proud of me getting into Auburn... She became an Auburn Tiger at heart.
I remember calling her because she was the only one who knew what was going on in Days Of Our Lives too...
I remember visiting her and eating what dad calls "country morning breakfast...she always cooked... she was an amazing cook...
I remember introducing her to TJ and how beautiful she was at my wedding...
I remember telling her I was naming Karoline after her...
I remember the first time I introduced her to her grandson, Anderson...
I remember this summer her taking Karoline to get her first Dairy Queen dipped cone...
I remember her saying my name and looking at my face when she was so frail in the hospital bed...
I remember being up with her all night, thankful she knew to call my name when she needed me...
I remember holding her hand and saying good-bye and telling her I loved her with all my heart...
I remember telling her over the phone today that I loved her and heard her say "I love you too" to the best of her ability...
I remember so much more...
I remember Mama... and I'll NEVER forget!
My sweet Mama Perkins went to be with the Lord today at 9:44pm!




7 comments:
Beth, what sweet, precious memories you have with your grandmother. I know you are so thankful for the time you had with her last week. I am praying for you and your family as you all celebrate her life and rejoice that she is now spending eternity with our Savior.
This is so sweet Beth. I'm sorry she is gone but how exciting that she is with the Lord!
Beth, I am so sorry for your loss. I'm praying for you & your family. What a sweet post, sounds like she was an amazing woman. Praise God she's in the arms of our Heavenly Father!
that was so sweet, beth! she was a great lady, and i know she must've been so proud of you and your family.
So many wonderful memories. Thinking of you, B. xoxo
What a sweet post Beth, you were so lucky to have such an amazing Grandmother! I'm praying for you.
Beth, what a sweet post! It made me cry. We are praying for your family! I love you!
Post a Comment