Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Auburn- WAR EAGLE!

There is nothing like the excitement you feel driving into Auburn... especially when your kids are in the car! Karoline was so excited at the first sight of the stadium! Anderson was most excited about the Auburn transit busses :) So funny! We have not been back to Auburn since Karoline was a baby for a game! We rolled into town on Friday and went to the new basketball coliseum and sports museum to take a look that that beautiful crystal ball... National Championship trophy...
Then we took the kids to Toomers Corner to have some famous lemonade which was a BIG hit! We went shopping at J&M Bookstore and played football on the Samford Hall lawn. We went to Mellow Mushroom down town to get a snack then it was time for the Homecoming Parade! The kids had a BLAST!


The Toomers Oaks did not look good :( Makes me so sad but I know that the Auburn tradition will NEVER die!




GAME DAY!!
We got a great parking place downtown then walked through campus to Tiger Walk. Yes, I almost cried seeing my kids experience their first Tiger Walk... Then we got some yummy food and headed to the game! The kids did a great job during the game and loved every moment of it! The BEST part was getting to meet Aubie!! I do think I cried! Such a proud moment for me! :)











We took the kids to Toomers after the game and they loved the mess :) It was a beautiful sight and the perfect ending to a great family getaway vacation! I hope we can get to Auburn once a year! It's just my favorite place on earth I think!




1 comment:

MDP said...

Great pictures! Love Karoline's outfit. Almost bought it for DM but just couldn't quite handle the colors. :)