Monday, January 12, 2009

A New Career Begins


Well, tomorrow, Tuesday, I start real estate school. TJ and I both have been looking for jobs but no success. I really want to do real estate because I think it is something I enjoy and hopefully I will be successful. I start school tomorrow and it will be Tuesday- Friday all day for the next two weeks. TJ will be Mr. Mom... taking Karoline to pre-school, cooking, cleaning (he better not forget this part!, and then I will get home around 6pm. I am going to miss my kids like crazy but it's just two weeks. Then it will take a few weeks before I take the state exam. After I pass that (hopefully the first time I take it!) I will begin training with Century 21 Boling & Associates! I had lunch last week with Penny Boling and her daughter Sara (who was our agent) and they said they would be happy to have me as a part of their team. They are the best agency around & I am thrilled to learn from the best!

Working will be a change of pace for me but Mrs. Boling said that I can work as much or as little as needed. I am sad I won't get to be with my children all day but know that it's all going to work out. TJ is going to try and get a night or early morning job (like the YMCA or something) and then work for Wellspring while home with the kids a little, mostly during nap time and after bedtime.

Because of my new career we traded in TJ's truck for a G6... something a little more fuel effecient than a 4 door F150. So it's my car while working and TJ's car when Im not working... either way it is nice to have a not so massive car.

My sweet mom leaves tomorrow. It's been a VERY fun visit and we were thankful she got to stay for a while. Buster is doing great... we LOVE having our sweet puppy around. He is a lot more "work" than Whisper but it makes us be more active so that's a good thing. Karoline and Anderson have had a good week and Karoline can't wait to go to school in the morning. Now here's more pictures...


TJ printed off the computer a craft for him and Karoline to do together... it's her Three Kinds crown. Dora Saves Three Kings Day just premiered!



A little wrestling before church...






5 comments:

K said...

Looks like ya'l are having fun! I am so impressed how you are going out of your comfort zone and walking in faith. The kids look so cute!

Loretta said...

Good luck with your schooling and good luck to TJ being Mr. Mom. Anderson's PJs are precious. Hugs & hugs, Aunt Loretta

Rory and Cindy said...

How exciting! Real Estate seems like a perfect fit for you!

Jessica said...

Good luck with school! You will definitely be an awesome agent!

McCrory Family said...

How exciting! Good luck with your classes and good luck to Mr. Mom! Y'all will do great!!