Sunday, October 11, 2009

Catalyst 2009

Trey, Danielle, TJ, and I had an amazing time at Catalyst this past week. We drove down on Wednesday and the conference was Thursday and Friday. It was very refreshing and we all learned a lot.

There were amazing speakers and it was quite a bit to soak in in just two days but wonderful. Some of the speakers were Andy Stanley, Dave Ramsey, Tony Dungy, Louie Giglio, Chuck Swindoll, Rob Bell, and MANY more! The worship was lead by Steve Fee the first day and some other great worship leaders on Friday.

I'll share the one thing that God really spoke to me about this weekend. I think I worry and want to be steps ahead of where we are at Wellspring. I can't wait for small groups to start, or our kids ministry to grow, or having this or that.... I felt very convicted that have been looking ahead so much I have not been focused or THANKFUL for what God is doing NOW at Wellspring! The Lord really impressed on my heart to WAIT! HE will grow Wellspring at HIS pace and timing NOT MINE.

They said several times at the conference if you grow too fast be cautious. It's more important to grow slow and build that firm foundation of leadership in your church! So my prayers for our church has changed a little... yes I want LOTS of people to come but more importantly I will pray for the hearts and lives of those who are coming that the Lord is really changing their lives and the foundation of Wellspring Church will be a FIRM foundation built on HIM! I am SO thankful for all that He taught me at Catalyst.

Here are the pictures from Catalyst!

Andy Stanley
001

Yes, TJ looks like he's falling asleep :)
003

Amazing Worship
006

009

012

Tony Dungy
010

Friends
014

Trey and Danielle
016

Mac Powell of Third Day and his wife Amy introducing their precious son they adopted this year!
017

021

023

Louie Giglio
029

Video of the world record broken at Catalyst!! This is CRAZY. This man jumped into a baby pool!!

1 comment:

LWB said...

Looks like a great time - so glad you were able to go. So many good speakers; we love Andy of course and Steve Fee is awesome!