Thursday, April 14, 2011

Easter Traditions...

This year now that the kids are older I wanted to go a little more in depth with explaining the Easter story... honestly, that was my intentions but I never did anything about it. Life is so busy. But I actually had 20 minutes the other night to catch up on my blog roll and came across these great ideas on THIS BLOG! I loved her idea but actually choose to do her friend, Julie's. The basic idea is breaking up the Easter story and reading a little bit each night, then the children hang an Easter ornament that represents the passage read.

Now, I just donated our "Little People" sets & I didn't have time to drive around town finding all the little things so I just looked up images online and had them laminated and will hang them. Since I kind of started a few days late we will have to double up a little... YOU STILL HAVE TIME! Just pick out the one's you want to do with your children.


We have done two days so far and the kids really enjoy it. I think it will become a new tradition. Some of the Bible reading is over their heads but they will hear these stories at school and at church too. Karoline said today "Mom, I prayed that Jesus would come wash my feet but now I'm not sure. I don't think I want him to right now"... So cute!

1 comment:

Loretta said...

You are a very wise mother. Hugs & hugs.