(Why the hand... It's made of items made by slaves- Passion is PASSIONATE about bringing awareness to human trafficking and slavery! Check this out http://72daysforfreedom.com/ )
TJ and I had 2 opportunities in March to get away... even though I have been in school both of these trips where a priority and I got to study some on the drive. First we went to Atlanta to Passion City Church for a conference called LIFT. I just love Louis Giglio and God has used him in many ways in my life. I first saw him at Super Wow when I was in middle school, went to 722 while in college, got to see him at Catalyst a few years ago (but honestly that message was over my head... "its in his face") and I want to say that Lift might have been my favorite.
Maybe it was because it was a small group, more intimate (2,000 is a small group) and just for worship leaders (but they let the wives in too!). I learned SO MUCH! I learned ways to support TJ in his ministry and really what common struggles are for worship pastors and we had AMAZING, AMAZING worship!
Chris Tomlin lead, Christy Nockles, and David Crowder. It was very powerful and if you have not already bought the new White Flags album you MUST do so now! It is wonderful!! I cannot wait to go with TJ again next year! It was such a special weekend in Atlanta for us!
We laughed when we got our itinerary... 10:30PM to start a session!!! We wanted to go to bed!
So one of my sorority sisters married Chris Tomlin. Lauren is amazing and she and Chris have a beautiful daughter and he introduced her during a smaller group breakout session. It was precious. We also got to catch up a little after... she's going to have so much fun as a mom!
THEN... at the end of March our whole staff and wives went to Newspring Church in Anderson, SC to see Mark Driscoll at a conference called Real Marriage. It was a great weekend... lots of laughs and great reminders on how to keep each other as the 1st priority, after God... He talked about how important friendship is and I am beyond thankful that I married my best friend! He's so amazing and I just love him SO much... Thank you Trey and Danielle for treating us to a great weekend!






No comments:
Post a Comment