Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Our Dear Saviors Birth

I love Christmas and it is even more fun now that I have children. I love teaching Karoline about the Christmas story since this year she can understand it a little bit better. We read books about Christmas and she says "baby Jesus" and it just tugs at my heart. I want her to know baby Jesus as her personal Savior one day... Anderson too of course! I want them to know all that this baby grew up and did for them; that this baby grew up and became a sinless man and died on the cross for their sins. Our church really put a focus on that this year... yes, Christmas is typically the story of Jesus being born but it really is about his whole life. I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends celebrating our dear Saviors birth! I know we did! Sorry there are so many pictures but I just take so many and then I can't narrow them down.

When Karoline came in the living room she was shocked and scared a little I think but then realized she had a lot of new toys to play with.



Sweet Aunt Loretta got Karoline a Dora doll... oh my gosh she was so THRILLED! She carried her around all day giving her a "bath" in the play kitchen sink, and she rode with her in her bike and she is currently snuggled with her in bed.
Mom and dad open their gift from us which was a photo book.

One of Karoline's favorite gifts was the dora book with her in it. She made Gammy read it right away!




Karoline loved riding her bike...


Christmas dinner... Karoline ate more than me I think. She kept asking for more turkey and sweet potatoes (I just gave her regular sweet potatoes and not the ones loaded with sugar- although I loved them).


She really loves her play kitchen, can you tell?


It was a great day, but now with all this new stuff I am in a major organization mood so guess what I'll be working on for the next couple of weeks...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas! Your Christmas card was adorable.
Love -
Maggie

LWB said...

Karoline racked up! It really is wonderful to watch our kids get more and more understanding of the true meaning of Christmas. So glad it was a special day for you guys. I loved all the pics!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a wonderful Christmas! We did too...I didn't realize how much fun it would be with Kylie:) We even sat down to read from the bible Christmas Eve to start that tradition, I know it didn't mean much to her now but I know it will one day! Merry Christmas and I love you all!
Kim

Summer Pendley said...

Hey Beth, TJ, Karoline, and Anderson! Glad you all had a Merry Christmas...I LOVE the pics, and I really LOVE Karoline's pink kitchen...that is awesome! Beth, I'm glad that the kids are sleeping well now, and you look like you are getting more rest. Don't overdo it...just do what you can. You're a great mom! Your parents also look great, and I know that they loved being with you guys! Take Care! :)

McCrory Family said...

Love the pictures and I really love your Christmas dishes!! Are those big red blankets that Karoline and Anderson got with their names on them??!