We left Sunday morning and arrived two hours later... After checking into the hotel we ate at Rosines in the down town Monterey area. It was VERY good.
They had the largest cakes and pies I have ever seen. TJ and I got a piece of pie and there is no way we could finish it (and that is not like us) so we had to take the rest of it with us. We enjoyed it again later that night!
17 Mile Drive
I could not get over the beauty of the 17 mile drive... we really enjoyed it!
Karoline was asleep for the first part of the 17 mile drive...
... so we took some pictures with Anderson.
The Lone Cypress- This was a very fun stop because I saw a little toddler with an Auburn jacket on... Of course I said "War Eagle" and it turned out to be the mom was an Alpha Gam at Auburn! She knew Leigh and it was fun to talk for a few minutes...
We tried to get a picture of me with the kids but I was about to drop them! :)
Miss Karoline thought she owned Pebble Beach! She strutted her stuff all over the club house and around the course...
Anderson by the 18th green at Pebble Beach...
Pebble Beach is stunning...
THE HOTEL
We are so thankful for my dad who got us a room at the Embassy Suites Hotel! It was so nice and we enjoyed every minute while staying there. For this trip and our summer trip back to the south we were worried about what to do with Karoline since she is really too big for a pack-n- play ( plus she has been out of a crip since she was 16 months old) but we don't want her sleeping with us or on the floor. So we got her this toddler blow up bed from Onestepahead.com and she loved it. She really thought it was cool getting to be with Anderson. When we left the room saying goodnight to them Karoline said "Oh, there's Anderson". They did great sleeping in the same room... Karoline talking to herself before she fell asleep did not bother him at all. Oh and when we went to bed I noticed that Karoline had both of her socks on her hands! After TJ and I went to bed we moved Anderson's pack-n-play out to the living room so when he woke up at 7AM he would not wake us up.
She had a ton of fun playing with the phone...
Karoline spent a lot of time swimming with TJ at the hotel pool... she LOVES swimming!
LEGUNA SECCA
The Alabama in TJ made us go see Leguna Secca... a famous race track.
THE AQUARIUM
If you know my Karoline you know she is not fond of live animals (other than dogs... well, her dog)... even though everything was behind THICK glass she still stood pretty far away (I think this is a trait she gets from her Gammy- you can never be too careful).
Anderson with a HUGE bottle...
This was a space for kids to crawl through but she would not go without TJ...
Yeah, we found a slide...
Karoline's favorite part of the aquarium was the slides! I guess we could have just gone to a park...
She did actually touch a star fish I think...
TJ was holding Karoline up in this dome like thing where you are kind of inside with the fish... kind of cool until the shark came by and Karoline FREAKED OUT completely!!!! Oh how she cried.
The shark that was not so popular with Karoline...
After her encounter with the shark, the only thing that would calm her down was strolling Anderson around...
CANNERY ROW
After the aquarium we walked around Cannery Row for a little while and then got a wonderful HUGE dark chocolate sunday at Ghirardelli...
Both of the kids pretty much slept the whole way home! It was a wonderful get-away!!
A few negaive things about the trip..
1) I forgot Anderson's Zantac. If I was not sure if it was working before, now I know it was!! I paid for this... big time... in the amount of massive amounts of spit up! I was SO thankful to get home to his Zantac!
2) We almost got pulled over on the way there... but he got the car behind us! I kept my eyes on how fast TJ was driving the rest of the way!
3) Karoline going through DVR withdrawals! I am thinking of finding a support group for her. She could not understand why Dora didn't come on the hotel TV whenever she wanted. She also did not understand why she had to watch commercials! She is so spoiled by the DVR!
4) It finally happend... Karoline stepped on her brother. He was fine but cried for a moment. She is having to really learn to watch where she steps!


6 comments:
Great pictures. We are glad you all had such a good time. You are fortunate to be so close to all this beauty. Gandaddy Bill
Great pics! Looked like such a fun and successful trip. I'm so glad - because it will give you confidence to take more in the future! It is such a gorgeous area - so glad you guys had some time away. Elise has the same Dora sunglasses as K. :)
Looks like a great trip. I'm glad Anderson got to show his colors before he outgrows that "took" (that doesn't look right. I wonder how you actually spell that?
It looks like you guys had a great time! You are so blessed to live in such a beautiful part of the country. When Makayla was Karoline's age we still got the crib from hotels to put her in...I love the air up mattress idea, looks like it fits her much better than a rib would!
Hey Beth, I love these new pictures. I DESPERATELY need a vacation, but I think we'll wait til Sailer is a wee bit older...hehe!
Noah is the same way about the DVR thing...what are we doing to our kids? :)
Karoline strutting her stuff with her sunglasses on is PRICELESS..LOVE IT!
Anderson is such a cutie too...I'm sorry you forgot his Zantac..poor thing! :)
I'm so glad y'all finally made it to Monterey and Pebble Beach. The pictures are so pretty and I can't believe how big Anderson is getting. I like Karoline's blow up bed. Miss y'all.
Post a Comment