Sunday, June 22, 2008

Our Beach Vacation

We are now in Fort Worth with my family after a wonderful time with TJ's at the beach. We first flew into Ft Walton Beach to spend time with TJ's grandmother then drove to Orange Beach. On Thursday TJ, Barna, and Sarah drove to Bham to visit Nanny for a few hours and Jared, Kerry, and I along with all the babies went to Barna and Kerry's house in LA. We spent Friday there and then Saturday drove to Ft. Worth. Here are a few highlights of what my last week has been like...

- Pretty good flying with the kids except for Anderson screaming for 30 minutes on our second flight! Stressed me out! Got in at midnight so started the trip off with sleep deprived children!

- Karoline being TERRIFIED of the potty on the airplane and the child held it for 3 1/2 hours!!!!! I could not believe it!! She was also terrified of the public restrooms in the airport because the toilets flushed automatically and they scared her to death! But all in all no accidents!

- We had a three hour layover in Dallas so my mom brought us Chick-fil-A and an excersaucer for Anderson to pass the time! It was WONDERFUL and fun to see her for a few hours!

- Try driving all across the south with a baby with 4 TEETH coming in who hates his car seat and a toddler with her two year molars coming in! I should buy stock in Tylenol!

- My children have learned to nap on the road... my babies are crib/ bed babies and they have really had a hard time adjusting to sleeping on the road but now they are pro's...

- We got to eat at the Cracker Barrel TWICE!!!

Okay... Here are the pictures from the beach.

The Beach
Karoline was not very fond of the sand at all! She warmed up to it some but mostly hated it. Anderson liked the sand but since he liked it so much (enough to eat it) we kept him in a baby pool and he loved it.



My cousin, Jennifer, came from Mobile to spend the day with us. I have not seen her since Karoline was 5 months old so it was so special getting to spend time with her!








The Pool... Where we probably spent most of our time since Karoline hated the sand. Karoline loved jumping off the side of the pool, trying to swim a little, and enjoyed going under water and touching the bottom of the pool. I wish we could go swimming more often because she LOVED it!






Family Picture Time









Enjoying Sweet Cousin Ella

"Look at my cool hair... daddy is my stylist"

Playing in the condo...

The kids loved every moment with their GiGi and PopPop...




I also want to add that today Anderson is 8 months old! I cannot believe my baby boy is growing up so quickly!

8 comments:

Kimberly Jones said...

What beautiful beach pictures! I am so glad you had a good time. I miss you so much!!!

Loretta said...

What very special pictures. You are a great mother, Beth, and I know it takes all the energy you can muster to travel with two little ones. Glad to hear what a wonderful father TJ is. You all obviously had very special parents to model yourselves after. Hugs & hugs.

Lindy Simpson Jones said...

I am cracking up that your sweet mom brought the exersaucer to the airport!!! that is true love...:) love all the pics!

MDP said...

It looks like you all had a blast at the beach! Please give your parents a hug for me! Enjoy Texas!

Carrie said...

I love the pictures!!! So cute and I am so glad that you had good travel! We are heading to the beach on the 5th with my family and I am nervous about a seven hour car ride, which is nothing in the grand scheme of things! You'll have to give me some beach baby pointers!

Ellis said...

It was nice meeting you at the beach! Your children are both so cute. I hope you guys had a fun trip!

Ellis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Loretta said...

Did you know that Fisher Price makes a portable potty chair that would be perfect for traveling, the park, etc. The price on the web was $25. Looks lightweight enough for air travel too. Hugs & hugs. ..