Friday, February 27, 2009

Home

The reason I went to Texas....



JUNK!

I spent three days, ALL DAY, cleaning out junk and clutter... trying to stage their house to get ready to sell. We took 4 huge loads to give away and packed up a ton of boxes and had them and some furniture moved to a storage unit. They did close on their house here on Thursday so I am READY for them to be here but they want to keep all their furniture in the house to help it sell. BUT we had to do some work to get it "show ready" (see pictures below). I am totally worn out and need another vacation to recuperate from this one... The only room that got totally finished was the living room. I am glad I was able to help them but I am glad to be home.

Their cute house...

Before:

After:

Before:

After:


Their precious dog Prissy... She loves to eat their broom. She is a precious fluffy doggy and I wanted to bring her home. I am glad she will be living close by soon!!


Sorry this picture is not in focus, but my dad does not really know how to use my SLR camera.

6 comments:

MDP said...

Great job, Beth!

Ryan, Emily, Avery and Isabel said...

Beth,
You do have a gift for decorating and organization. Well done! That gift should compliment your real estate work quite nicely. Maybe you should start a business of helping empty nesters declutter?? Your mother must have appreciated your help immensely. Nice "payback" for all her help over the last few years. Still envying her future plans...but so happy for her as well.
Love, Sally Kerchner
skerchner@clarian.org

Danielle said...

Wow! You did get a lot done... I love their house! We got a peek when we were in TX last week. It is so cute and I hope it sells quickly. We can't wait for them to get here and be a part of Wellspring ;)!

LWB said...

Wow, it looks so great! I can tell you worked hard. I can only imagine the stuff your parents have accumulated over the years. It will be great when they are living so close to you guys.

Anonymous said...

You did such a good job beth and barbara. i loved seeing inside the house, it's such a cute house on the outside. i'm sure t.j. and the kids were excited to have you home. get ready to come to our house when we get ready to put it on the market...i'm not even kidding: )!

Loretta said...

I know it was great for your folks to have your help. It is hard sometimes to let go of stuff because of the memories that go along with it but it was time for tuff decisions. Great shirt too! Hugs & hugs.