I want to share with you a story from today about our PROVIDER & SAVIOR...
As most of you know, TJ and I had to raise support to move out here and help start Wellspring. But because of our economy we don't have that many supporters and we literally start each month unsure of where our paychecks will come from or how God will provide each month, but He always does. It's hard but we have a creative Lord and he always provides a way for us to make ends meet.
Even though He has ALWAYS been faithful I get worried every month. I don't know why but I do. I pray about this stronghold often! Anyway... all this to share what happened today!
Today I had a conversation with a sweet lady that has been coming to our church. Our sermon on Sunday talked about tithing. She expressed to me how she would love to tithe but didn't have extra money. I talked a lot and I won't share the whole conversation but I will say that I told her this... TJ and I from the time we were married have tithed. It is HARD! Yes... especially now when there is not much but it's the first thing we do when we ever get paid. BUT God has POURED out His blessings on us time and time again!
Malachi 3:10 says "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."
This month our support was very low and because I have been SO busy with work and preschool (which was another random way to get a paycheck) I had not balanced our check book all month. I did today... NOT GOOD... we were negative ! Quite a bit in the whole. I wanted to just cry! My computer shut off so I was letting it start back up after plugging it in. I put the check book down and went to get the mail....
In the mail was a check from someone in Rayville, LA where TJ's parents live for more than we needed to get out of the BIG hole with a sweet, enouraging note saying they were praying for our church and for our family!
I just started crying so hard in my driveway!! The feeling of His LOVE for my family rushed over me and I could do nothing but cry and praise HIM!
God blew me away and just reminded me AGAIN that HE will provide and we will be okay... we just keep doing HIS work & He will find a way.
My hope in sharing this story is two fold...
1) That you would PRAISE HIM for providing! We are all so blessed even though we are all going through hard times. We need to share these blessings with each other more often!
2) Challenge you to trust Him with your finances if this is an area of struggle for you. It's really hard to let go of (especially for me... the financial control freak!) but remember Malachi 3:10! If you don't know where to start, seek His word & leaders you trust.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Wow Beth! God is good. Thank you for sharing your story and heart!
God is so good!! What an amazing story!
What a great start to my day. A testiment God and your faith. Thank you for sharing. Hugs & hugs
Post a Comment