It's seriously HARD to believe we have been in Myrtle Beach for ONE YEAR! Sometimes it feels like yesterday, but sometimes (since it's been our busiest year EVER) it seems like it's been longer! A year ago yesterday we pulled into town... what a LONG journey across the country that was! I LOVE the story of how God worked in bringing us to Myrtle Beach and I LOVE what HE has done for our family, for Wellspring, and especially for the LIVES that are being CHANGED each week!
We have gone a WHOLE YEAR without a formal paycheck! I write this not because I want to focus on the money, but this was my biggest worry/ fear, the hardest thing that I had to give over to God (and I usually do again each month when I have another panic attach!), and having to adjust to being a working mom...And to encourage you to NOT let money stop you from following God's call in your life! We CANNOT say THANK YOU enough to our supporters who allow us to concentrate on our vision and our work for Wellspring! You have made a HUGE impact on The Grand Strand! God has also found very clever ways to help us make ends meet. From graphic design jobs for TJ, cutting grass, working on a golf course, real estate, starting Premier Designs, substitute teaching for a maternity leave teacher, working for my dad, to checks in the mail from people we don't even know... GOD HAS PROVIDED! HE HAS BEEN FAITHFUL! It's a different life not knowing where in the world your next months income will come from, but it is also AWESOME because I can see the Father providing so clearly FIRST HAND every month!
But most of all it's been incredible to see so many people commit themselves to the LORD and to see their lives being changed before my very eyes. We have had almost 30 people commit their lives to Christ since January! We have seen individuals and families recommitted to Christ and partnering with our church! WOW... Let me just say God is SO good! I am thankful for those he has clearly CALLED to be a part of Wellspring- to lead, serve and catch the vision of reaching out to EVERYONE in The Grand Strand... To see those who are far from God because passionate followers of Jesus Christ! That's what it's ALL ABOUT!
And let me say THANK YOU specifically to Trey & Danielle who have been AMAZING to us this past year! Trey is a wonderful pastor and Danielle is AMAZING! They are wonderful leaders, encouragers, prayer warriors... you name it! We LOVE their precious family.
Trey gave TJ a gift certificate for us to go our on a few date nights during the service yesterday! That was SO sweet! We cannot wait to use it... I think tomorrow!
As far as life in Myrtle Beach... we LOVE it! I love our dear friends, this community, our preschool (amazing teachers!!), my neighborhood, THE BEACH (of course), the weather, MY PARENTS LIVING HERE, and much more! We feel very at home.
I thank the LORD for all that He has done and all that HE will do in the years ahead here in Myrtle Beach and at Wellspring Church!



1 comment:
Wow! 1 year already! Time flies. I love reading how the Lord is working in the life of your sweet family!
Post a Comment