On the night my Mama Perkins went to be with the Lord I was busy making teachers gifts for Christmas. I DO NOT BAKE and I thought for some crazy reason I would try. It was fun at first but like I said, I DO NOT BAKE. I will not be making teachers gifts, well anything food oriented, again next year (though they tell me it was all very good).
But what was special to me was I was using my Mama Perkins mixing bowls. I grew up using these bowls at Mama's house. They were so special to me that she gave them to me at our wedding. I never use them because I don't want to break them! But I pulled them out that night...
But what was special to me was I was using my Mama Perkins mixing bowls. I grew up using these bowls at Mama's house. They were so special to me that she gave them to me at our wedding. I never use them because I don't want to break them! But I pulled them out that night...
Did I tell you about the funeral? It was wonderful. An amazing celebration of my grandmother. Dad did most of the service, I spoke, then my brother concluded the service and spoke at the grave side. It was perfect. Mama was layed to rest next to her mother, and her twin brother who died in WWII. I am thankful my sister in law remembered her camera.

My brother, cousin Jennifer, and I
Cousins, Pressley & Karoline
Uncle Steve, my brother, Brent, and nephew Jackson
I miss my grandmother. But she will always be with me and I have so many memories to focus on... Thankful that she's with Jesus!


3 comments:
Thanks for sharing! I LOVE her bowls. I've been wanting some for so long and would love to have some that have actually been in my family. Lucky girl.
Beautiful memories. Like warm blankets on a cold, windy night. What a legacy your grandmother left with you. Hugs & hugs
What a special memory. Love the cooking photos and the service sounded very special and meaningful. Curious about what Karoline thought - did she seem to understand - as best as a 4 year old can?
Post a Comment