Monday, January 11, 2010

Excess

Definition:
an extreme or excessive amount or degree; superabundance:more than or above what is
necessary, usual, or specified; extra


The Lord has really been teaching me a lot about EXCESS! I have started two big things in 2010.

1) Counting Calories: I am working out regularly, made it to 3 miles last week running & did it again today, and counting calories! WOW... writing down my calories really shows me how much I had been over eating! So I do want to lose a little weight but I really want to learn what amount I should be eating a day so that I can live a healthier life! I highly suggest doing this if over eating is a struggle for you. I also recommend the Eat This Not That books! It will really open your eyes to what we put in our body when we eat out but also show easy ways to make eating out better for you.

2) Spending CASH only! : We have moved to CASH ONLY except for bills & gas. WOW... this is HARD & has really shown me how easy it is when you are using plastic to over spend. So we have an envelop and budget for Target/ CVS, Costco, Grocery, Gifts... you get the picture. It has made me so much more conscious of my purchases (and I thought I already was doing that, but no). I desire to honor the Lord with our finances & pray this year that we really will put Him first and cut out the excess "stuff" we really don't need!!

If any of you have done the above two and want to leave a comment of encouragement PLEASE DO!

What does the Lord wants you to work on this year. Are their area's in your life He wants you to work on? Pray about it... find an accountability partner.... and cut out the EXCESS!!

3 comments:

Loretta said...

What works for me with food savings is to plan ahead and use the slow cooker. The temptation to eat out or go for the faster but more expensive foods is so much stronger when you are hungry. That pot of chili, soup or spaghetti sauce in the slow cooker can come to the rescue when time is short and hungry is after the family. Dried beans are another slow cooker hero of mine. Hugs & hugs and good luck with the calorie counting.

Sara Scheu said...

I LOVE the cash system- works great for me. I don't pay as close attention when I'm just swiping the card, so this way, when the money's gone, it's gone. I love it. You can do it!!! Once you get your system down, it's easy and it's wonderful to have better control over your finances!

LWB said...

Good for you, girl. These are hard areas, but such a great thing that you are doing it. You can do it!!