
For Karoline's 4th birthday I thought it would be a good time to sponsor a child through Compassion International... sounds a little strange, but she's at such a teachable age right now and I have wanted to sponsor a child for a while and now just seemed like the right time. I want her to have an understanding of the importance of giving to others, praying for others, that we are SO blessed by God, and that even though she does not have a sister (which she wants really bad, but too bad) she can have a sister in Christ across the world!
I picked a girl Karoline's age so they will kind of be doing similar things throughout life. I wanted Karoline to be able to relate to her. Her name is Jenifer and she lives in Peru. She loves looking at Jenifer's picture and praying for her every night. I am excited about this new journey for Karoline and Jenifer and hope they will get to know each other well!


2 comments:
Beth!! I FINALLY found your family blog again! I saw it on your blog list. :) What a wonderful idea for Karoline's birthday. Most parents don't seem to start teaching lessons like this until the kids are older and past the teachable age. Can't wait to catch up on here and get caught up. Thanks for all your sweet words and comments over the last few months!
This is a fabulous idea - such a wonderful way to help them have perspective on the world around us and others in need.
Post a Comment