Thursday, May 05, 2011

Charleston For The Day

On Tammie's last day we drove down to Charleston to explore. My sweet mom kept the kids and TJ had the day off and the weather was PERFECT! I have to thank Stacey for the wonderful advice of where to eat and what to do...

First we ate at Jestine's which was wonderful! Jestine's has been featured on The Food Network and Southern Living and lots of other places I'm sure and I now know why... Crazy good fried okra!

Then we walked around looking for a carriage ride touring company. We found one and had a little time to kill before the tour so we went down Market Street. I will say the carriage ride tour was THE BEST! We learned so much about the history of Charleston.

After walking around more and exploring King Street I remembered my brother and Leigh were in town for business and it turned out they were just a block away. They came and met us and sat with us while we had dinner. It was great to see them! After dinner we headed home...

I love living so close to Charleston... it is such a beautiful city, rich in history, and just 2 hours away.

Market


Our touring horse....
Align Center










In our carriage...





Very unique flower...
Early evening we took a wine break in honor of the Charleston Golden Retriever Rescue! They were having a fundraiser and Tammie treated us to a very good class of wine and a nice break from all of the walking. They get their wine from Napa too which was fun...

Honey anyone?
Align Center
Goodnight and goodbye Charleston... until next time...

No comments: