Why is Anderson wrapped up in plastic you ask?
Well, I'll start with saying we took our time and slept in on New Years Day... Getting home past midnight for children who normally go to bed at 7pm was quite the stretch though they did great. First thing TJ said as we were pulling out of the hotel... "Well, other than Karoline's fever, it's really been a good, uneventful (accident wise) trip." ... I go in to the Starbucks to get some coffee, come out, buckle my seatbelt and here that oh so dreaded sound of ... throw up... coming out of Anderson...Thanks TJ!
Yep, he spoke too soon. Thankfully we were parked, and able to clean it up quickly and change Anderson...until the second round, when we were driving! We got off at the next exit and cleaned it all up again. We went to the Family Dollar and TJ said to buy a poncho. Good idea... now I have towels and $1 ponchos stored in my car just incase! Thankfully that was the end of that...
And the end of our trip... Yep, that's hours in the car.. 33 hours and 18 minutes and 26 seconds...
But it was a fun way to end 2011! I am thankful for the past year.
Just a few last thoughts on 2011:
Psalm 34:18- The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
- It was a year of still healing for the loss of TJ's mom. There are days when my eyes still have tears and I cannot believe she's not here. I reflect on how amazing she was as a mother in law, a GiGi, and I look at my amazing husband and am reminded how what a wonderful mother she was to him... He is the man he is because of her influence in his life and all the prayers I know she prayed!
Ephesians 3:20- Now to him who is able to do immeasurable more than all we ask or imagine..."
- Big changed for my Karoline going into public school and starting Kindergarten! Many prayers and worry about her teacher and friends and how thankful I am that God knows more than I do and blessed us beyond what we could have thought or imagined! What a delight it has been to see her grow, mature, make new friends and keep her relationships with her preschool friends. To see her love for church and the Lord grow... to see her ask Jesus into her heart... to see her Baptized! What a year!
Provberbs 22:6- Start children off on the way they should go,
and even when they are old they will not turn from it.
- Anderson had a great year and truly fell in love with sports... that is what sticks out to me the most about 2011 for him. Watching NASCAR, loving baseball games, and basically waking up with a football helmet on his head! He is very serious and passionate about it and I love it! He loves school and loves to love on his teachers! He is such a SWEET boy... on his terms though :) He also continues to really learn and grasp spiritual Truths and is really starting to understand "making wise choices"... we hope :) I can't believe he is 4! My BABY is 4!
Proverbs 3:5 & 6- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own
understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
- That path might lead to the other side of the world :) This verse reminds me of those we love who have decided to leave comfort behind in order to spread the the Good News! We miss them, we love them, we think of them everyday and their sacrifice and calling! But we know they are being used to do great things... Looking forward to Disney World 2014 (maybe 2015)!
Ephesians 5:25- Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church.."
- He does... I'm no not lovable sometimes, but he does! :) I love my husband... it's been a great year in our marriage... not perfect, but it never will be... thankful we have been married 9 years and I still LOVE every second I get to spend with him. He's my best friend... a pretty hot best friend :) I'm thankful for God using him in ministry and in our home to be such a great leader! Even in the most stressful times of the year, he is always so wise and I'm thankful he remained calm... because we know I didn't! Haha...
Proverbs 4:23- Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
- If you didn't know already our church is named after this verse... It's been quite a year at Wellspring... TJ began working full time in January because of our amazing financial supporters and Wellspring, we moved out of the movie theater and into Myrtle Beach Middle School which has been a BIG blessing. Wellspring grew in number, people are hearing the gospel, and over 40 were baptized. Really, REALLY, and amazing year! Thankful and humbled by God's blessings on our church, church family, and excited about what's to come...
Ephesians 5:8- For you were once darkness, but now you
are light in the Lord. Live as children of light.
-And me personally... I pray I got through the year without messing up my kids :) haha... no really. I always struggle with if I'm parenting correctly, if I'm showing grace without being a pushover, recognizing when tougher discipline is needed... I know, normal parenting fears! But I know I could be better and I will strive for that in 2012. In my marriage, with my kids, my family, friendships, and those God brings into my path I pray I will be a reflection of God's love and a light to those who may not know Him. It's been a year of healing from a few extended family issues, Barna's passing... a year of reflecting on how REALLY I am blessed and trying to change my mindset when I feel stressed (over worldly things)... Trying to be faithful in all aspects of my life and being thankful that when I fail He still loves me and teaches me...
Here's to 2011... Praying for a great 2012!



1 comment:
Great post! Happy belated New Year! :)
Post a Comment