Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A Two Week Old and A Teething Toddler

I am tired...

Anderson is doing great and so is Karoline... BUT she is teething and is in a lot of pain and has not been herself lately. I feel so bad for her. She says "Hurt, teeth". She got her flu shot today too but did great. She didn't even cry or come close to it.

Today was Anderson's two week check up. The doc said he looked great. He was 7 lbs. 6 oz when we left the hospital and today he was 8 lbs. 13 oz (49%) ... He is growing!!!! He is also 21 inches long (59%), and his head circumference is 14.25 inches (29%). Can you believe that Anderson has such a small head!!! Karoline's head has never been on the charts so this was a shock! Anyway, he did not have to get any shots thank goodness. He is beginning to do really well at night and he is getting better at napping in his bed. This is important for him since I need to be able to spend time alone with Karoline during the day when TJ is at work and I need them to also take a nap at the same time in the afternoons so I get some "me" time too. I hope you enjoy the pictures and the video. The small shot of Karoline in the video pretty much describes her mood. Oh, I can't wait until teething is OVER!

Karoline playing with Anderson before church...






Anderson had some bad gas issues the other day so this was the most comfortable way for him to sleep on Gammy.


He fell asleep in his swing with his pacifier resting on his face... it was so cute.

Anderson working on his tummy time... and Karoline quickly displaying her mood!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless Karoline's heart. You can really tell she is not herself. Maybe some frozen treat would help a little. Anderson is growing so fast. I know you have your hands full but you will do a great job. Hugs & hugs, Aunt Loretta.

McCrory Family said...

Beth, he is so stinkin cute!!!!! Hope Karoline feels better soon - teething stinks!!!!!

LWB said...

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at Karoline's little "comment" on the video! Sometimes, as irritating as it is when they are grumpy, it's just too funny! I hope the teething finishes up quickly. It must be a lot to juggle two kiddos, but looks like you're doing a great job!

Summer Pendley said...

Hey Beth,

Hang in there...good thing teething is temporary, huh? It is so strange looking at Anderson b/c he favors Noah SO MUCH when Noah was that age. I'll have to send you a pic of him when he was a newborn...it is a striking resemblance! :)

That must mean Anderson is going to be SUPER cute...he,he!! :)

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain from the teething. Kylie is getting her top two:) I love the video. Anderson is so cute!!! I miss you:)
Kim

Danielle said...

Anderson is SO HANDSOME!!! Seriously, he is one of the most beautiful newborns I have ever seen! David looked like a little old man when he was 2 weeks old, and even though I didn't think it at the time I can now honestly say that he was, um, a little strange looking! I hope your weeks get better. I'm glad your mom is still there to help you out!