Friday, March 21, 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Easter


I LOVE Easter. It is my favorite holiday but I HATE that we can't spend it with family! I have so many wonderful memories from Easter...
1) Being with the Natalie's family and taking our usual picture of me, Natalie, and Emilie... Now we look at the pictures and laugh that we actually thought our dresses were CUTE!!
2) I always loved Easter in college when we would tag along with Brent and Leigh and spend Easter with the Collin's family. I especially think of Melda around Easter and how we all miss her so much! My favorite memory of Melda at Easter is a picture I have of her sitting on the back porch in her apron talking to someone and Beasley (Brent and Leigh's golden at the time) putting his head on her lap!
3) Getting engaged to TJ on Easter weekend!
4) Getting to be with Jackson and Pressley Easter '05 in Raleigh and it rained and we had an Easter Egg hunt in the house... this was also the weekend TJ and I decided we wanted to start a family soon and two months later Karoline was on her way!
5) Last year when Karoline was actually really into her Easter basket! She was so cute and I am sure it will be even more fun this year! And it will be Anderson's first Easter!
But MOST OF ALL I love that it celebrates that our Lord and Savior rose from the dead!! It really is my favorite story in the Bible! I praise the Lord that He is such an amazing God and overcame even death!!
We took out the pink feather tree and put the Easter ornaments on it. TJ thinks it's silly of course but Karoline and I love it. I will NOT put an Easter tree in Anderson's room...


We did some Easter crafts and she really wanted to try and use the safety scissors but could not quite figure it out. She loves using the glue stick though. Then she enjoyed putting Peter Rabbit stickers on another piece of construction paper. She loves stickers!




Trying to play with the play- dough. She is not really into touching the play dough but we are trying. She is not a girl that likes to get her hands dirty that is for sure. She is a girly girl all the way!

Karoline LOVES to color and she is using her new crayons and coloring book she got with her birthday gift card from Uncle Jared, Aunt Sarah, and Ella.

These are her "spy glasses". She got the new Dora spy DVD for her birthday and now her sunglasses are spy glasses. She HAS to have them at ALL times. Yes, they are upside down.

She did take the spy glasses off for a moment to put them on Whisper.

Tonight while TJ was at rehearsal I dried her hair with a hair dryer. I knew if TJ was home he probably would not let me since he is so protective over his little girls hair and her curls (he has to be the one to brush it after her bath, if I do it he says I don't do it correctly!). It was so cute though... not as curly but precious!

Anderson playing while I get Karoline ready for bed! Sorry there are not a lot of pics of him today... I'll make up for it Easter Sunday I promise.

Video
Here is a video of Anderson rolling over!!! He is rolling over consistently now! I am so proud of him and please excuse my voice on the video... I was so excited because it was the first time I actually saw him roll over. The end of the video is Karoline saying her verse for the month. She is being shy on the video so she is not really speaking up... sorry! It's still very cute though...

3 comments:

Loretta said...

Look at Anderson's well developed legs and his little footsies wrapping around each other. He is getting to be a big strong fella. Hugs & hugs.

Sarah McCrory said...

I noticed his little nimble feet too. He looks like he could write with those feet!!! He is so cute. I love his little voice. I also like Karoline's hair. Does TJ know that the hair dryer does not permanently remove the curl from her hair? He is such a weirdo! I can not wait to see my niece and nephew in the summertime! I guess I'm going to have to though. We love you guys.

MDP said...

Adorable pictures! Hope you all have a wonderful Easter filled with memories of your new family! Love y'all!

Maggie