So it is just mass chaos for about an hour as I attempt to nurse Anderson while Karoline is fussing because she wants her lunch, Anderson won't let me put him down while I make her lunch... So I make a PB&J and cut an avocado one handed, then Anderson is screaming for his sweet potatoes... Whisper follows me around looking for food and he is HUGE... Karoline gets avocado all over the place (because between Karoline fussing and Anderson screaming I forgot to put on her bib)... While finally feeding Anderson he hits the spoon and sends the sweet potato flying, I knock down the sweet potato bowl trying to get the paper towel to clean it up... so it is on the rug while Whisper is running over to "clean" it up for me, and then Anderson keeps screaming while I get more. Karoline wants fruit RIGHT AWAY while I can't get it for her because if I get up Anderson will start screaming again!! The chaos keeps going and going until finally both of them are in bed.... then TJ walks in the door!!! I lay down on the sofa and breath! It is very short term but is my most stressful part of my week.... That being said, I cannot complain really! If that is as bad as it gets I really should not complain. It is NOTHING compared to what my friends have to go through, I know! But there are many Sundays where I just wish my mom was around to come help me... She is coming TUESDAY!! YEAH!!!!
I also miss going out to eat after church... Since TJ does not get home until after 1PM we never get to go to Sunday lunch as a family. I always LOVED doing this as a family when I was younger and I wish we could. I hope that maybe the Lord will bless us with a permanent facility soon so we can start this tradition in our family. Enough of my pointless rambling... PICTURES!
EDITED TO ADD... The PERKS of being a pastors wife totally outway the issues of Sunday morning! I LOVE BEING IN THE MINISTRY! I could name a million things I LOVE about being in the ministry! Maybe I'll blog about that one day :)
It is very common for Karoline to wake up and her hair look like a birds nest!!! I just had to take some pictures this morning... her hair can be a little difficult to tame!
Yes, she HAD to wear her "spy" glasses today to church with her new beautiful watermelon smocked dress! And YES, she wore them the entire time she was at church... inside and out! But at least they matched!!
Anderson up on all 4's... he has been doing this a lot lately!!
Karoline was going in for a kiss...
Anderson's 5 month picture in his chair... GiGi and PopPop call this his prison outfit!
Karoline LOVES her pop up tent, she calls "yellow house", that she got from her third set of grandparents, Judy and Eddie (Natalie's parents).... It was a little cold outside so we played inside...
My living room is too small or the toys are too big... OR both!! :)


2 comments:
Beth, I think I can understand your sentiments considering I am also a pastors (youth pastors) wife. Sundays for us are super stressful because CC hates the nursery and so much activity is crammed into such a short time! We get up at the crack of dawn and head to the early service (8:25) then sunday school at 9:30 so that we can be home by 10:30 to catch a morning nap for CC...talk about a busy morning! Hopefully things will settle down some for you as Anderson gets older. However, I love our church and Russell's job so I wouldn't trade stressful Sundays for anything (and I'm sure you feel the same)!! :)
That sounds tough and really is a lot to juggle! I'm sure TJ really appreciates it and it sounds like you are doing the best you can with whatever comes your way each Sunday. I hope as the kids get older, it will get easier. I love Karoline's dress! And if it makes you feel any better, our living room is also Elise's playroom so it's full of toys just like yours; I would love to have a real playroom one day!
Post a Comment