Monday, May 12, 2008

KaBoom

Our friend Tammy from church works in the Port of Oakland in the shipping industry. I have learned so much about the shipping industry for her and it really is amazing!! I didn't realize how many steps are involved in getting what Pottery Barn sells into the stores! :) She took us to a company party and we had wine and some wonderful food (even caviare). The big even though was a big fire works show that was being shot across the bay in the city (SF). So we had a wonderful evening and then the big climax... the fire works. Well, we could hear them, but we could not see them. In good ol' San Francisco style the FOG rolled in and blocked the show!!!! But we still had a great evening!!
I didn't take my Rebel with me, just my small camera. I wish I could have taken my Rebel because I could have taken some really cool pics of sunset but oh well...
This is one of the ships that Tammy works with... not on the boat. She works in a nice office but to explain her job is too complicated for me. It is very interesting though...

No kids... BABYSITTER! I was so scared to leave Karoline potty training with our dear friends, Greg and Susan. She did great and had another no accident day. Greg is a chef and made Karoline smoked gouda mac and cheese!! She asked me for more gouda at breakfast!!

They had these precious mimi hamburgers... they were so yummy!


The cranes were the inspiration behind the Star Wars imperial walkers... the creator of Star Wars lives in the bay area.

No comments: