So yesterday I decided we are DONE with diapers (except for nap time and night time). She had 6 "victories" and only 2 accidents. We even ran an errand and I forced myself not to put a diaper on her. She did great! Then today she had 10 "victories" and 3 accidents. TJ had her all morning while I went to the doctor and she was accident free. I am so proud of her!
I went to Target and got her another pack of Dora and Disney underwear and a bag of M&M's for potty rewards. I have never really given her candy before. That girl can force herself to go potty when she sees the M&M's. She has enjoyed the M&M's so much that she asked to pray for them during our prayer time before bed!! Is it bad that I give myself M&M's after I go potty??
I am very proud of her and I know that she will continue to do well... she has to. I promised myself I would not go back. I know she can do it! Wish me luck (and pray for patience!!). Anderson has been great when I have to leave him quickly to take Karoline to the potty...
Karoline has been sitting on a towel if she is watching TV... She thinks it is special that Anderson is not allowed on the towel!
M&M's...
She picked out two blue M&M's after another victory!!!
Little man waking up from his nap...
He loves to play peek-a-boo using his bumper!! He is so cute...
This picture is so special to me... If you don't know, Karoline was NEVER a cuddle baby... she never rested for a moment on my chest. My boy however is a cuddle baby. He would rather be held most of the day (except when he is sleepy and wants his crib). Tonight he was cuddling before bath time. I realized I have yet to take a picture of him cuddling so I made TJ get the camera.
Here is a video of Karoline playing in the backyard...


3 comments:
So great that Karoline is doing so well! Sometimes it just takes having a break and trying again. I haven't done it myself yet, but I think bribing with something sweet is always a no-fail idea! So hilarious that she wanted to pray for them; silly girl! Love the cuddle shot with Anderson - those are wonderful moments, indeed.
Hey Beth...Good Luck with take two with the potty training...from experience, I will tell you that the ONLY way to truly potty train is to ditch all diapers and pull-ups. Believe me, after a few accidents, Karoline will catch right on. I do not even go to the potty anymore with Noah...he goes alone, cleans up, and washed his hands while I'm on the other side of the house. It's great! It's worth all of the clean up that you have to go through.
It took about a month for Noah to completely get it, but we are still working on the "poop" thing. That's a totally different challenge for us, but just wanted to wish you luck! It will happen soon, I bet!
By the way, Anderson looks so sweet cuddling with you! I love those moments too!
Too cute! There is definitely no turning back now, she can totally do it! I still put a pull-up on Makayla on the plane, but only because our little puddle-jumper doesn't have a bathroom! Don't they look so different when they have panties on? Anderson is absolutely adorable!
Post a Comment