Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day

We had a great and mellow Mothers Day as usual. TJ gets home late from church so we can't go out to lunch because the kids nap at 1PM, and I had Bible study at night so there was not much of a celebration (which is fine with me). We are having my Mothers Day dinner tomorrow... we have some wonderful filet mignon's to cook!!! YUMMY!!! Karoline did make me a beautiful card in Sunday school and I got a 4 lb. tub of Red Vine's from TJ! MY FAVORITE!!! Anderson didn't spit up on me today so that must have been my gift from him. OH, and I GOT A NAP!! It was wonderful.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE being a mom... there is no better job in the world. I am so blessed to have such amazing children and get to be with them every day, all day! It can be very hard and challenging at times and I am not saying that I don't want to pull my hair out multiple times a day but there is NOTHING as rewarding than kissing my babies goodnight seeing Anderson look up at me and smile after I lay him down and hearing Karoline say "I love you mommy" as I close her bedroom door... every bit of stress or frustration that I feel at the end of the day goes away!

Knowing the deep love I have for my kids has really made me think a lot about my relationship with my Heavenly Father. I cannot imagine my Heavenly Fathers love for me but I know He loves me more than I love my kids... I just cannot comprehend that but oh how I am SOOOO thankful!! I know I drive Him crazy with stupid things I do or say that are childish, or I loose my patience, I let Him down, I don't obey, and I am too caught up in myself to realize the goodness that is in front of me... but at the end of the day HE LOVES ME!!! I am SO THANKFUL for his unfailing LOVE!! SOOOOOOO THANKFUL!!!! I am so blessed that He not only puts up with me but cares for me deeply! Thank you Jesus!! Thank you Jesus for letting me be a mommy to Karoline and Anderson!!

This was the best picture I could get... my camera is on top of a tissue box on top of a table. TJ was at church so it was interesting trying to get them to look at the camera.

My card Karoline made...


Emily and Avery came over to "Goff Park" on Saturday and the girls had a great time! We love it when Avery comes over to play...

2 comments:

MDP said...

Happy belated Mother's Day!

Maggie

McCrory Family said...

Glad to hear you had a nice Mother's Day. Your card from Karoline is too sweet!! We did get our Blurb book and I LOVE it!! I will do a few things differently for the next one like create a better cover design but it turned out really well and looks just like it did on the computer!!