Wednesday, June 04, 2008

My Heart Is Broken...


On Monday I got some bad news... my favorite place, Now Were Cooking, is CLOSING! Our stomachs will never be the same again! It's in this cute little town called Danville.

Now Were Cooking is a food preparation center where you assemble meals and then freeze them. I have been going to Now Were Cooking once a month since March 2007. I usually make 8 meals which are family size so we split them up and last us for about 18 or so meals so I only have to come up with like 3 meals a month on my own! So I have NO idea what I am going to do!! You don't understand... I CANT COOK!

Okay, I can cook, I just don't like to do so... I HATE the prep part which is why NWC was SO great for me. NWC is the most amazing food too! We have had some of the best steak and seafood dinners we have ever had. It is restaurant quality food for so much less than going out to eat. In fact, we hardly go out to eat anymore at all.

I am going to try another place around here called Dream Dinners but I have already heard they are not as good as NWC. NWC always uses high quality foods. Anyway, I honestly don't know what is going to happen and the thought of cooking from scratch does not make me happy! People have been calling me all week to see if I am okay :)

So join me in mourning the closing of Now Were Cooking!
Here is a website that will give you a location of a food preparation center near you. I highly recommend them because in about an hour and a half you can make 8+ meals. The website is http://www.easymealprep.com/main/direct02.php.


5 comments:

LWB said...

Oh that is sad! It seemed like a lifesaver for you. Why are they closing? Seems like they would have plenty of business. I've always been curious to try one of these kinds of places - seems like such a great idea for busy moms with little time on their hands!

Danielle said...

I'm so sad for you... I have also always wanted to try one of those places since the prep work is the worst part at the end of the day with 2 little cranky kids! I'm sure you'll find something else that works. I also hope the nursing thing works out. I didn't make it 6 months this time since Jon can't do dairy... hopefully he'll gain interest again soon. I hate pumping, UGH!

Kristin said...

I am so, so sorry, Beth!!!! Wish we were closer so we could cook together!

We want to see you guys...please call when you get in town (682-552-6255)!! Or, you can shoot me an email: kristinandgregory@yahoo.com.

We just finished watching "The Bachelor" and are now on "The Bachelorette" (Greg would die that I am typing this, but he and TJ loved it as much as you and I did!!!)...anyway, it reminded us of the times we would shoo the youth group out early on church night so we could watch the show!!!! So funny! :)

Love ya!!

MDP said...

I can't believe they're closing. I'd think they'd have tons of business! I think my father-in-law grew up in Danville. Small world, huh?

Maggie

Anonymous said...

I am so sad for you! But I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one that hates to cook! I thought I was the only mommy that hates cooking! I've tried Super Suppers around here a couple of times but no one in my family really likes the meals. And, I'm so bad that I even hate cooking those! :) If you come up with any great ideas that I can do in Texas let me know and I'll do the same. :)