Today we finished the garage and I am so excited because now my car has a new home too! We are FINISHED with unpacking! Now I just need to hang stuff in the guest room, our room, a few things down stairs, get our headboard done, paint the kitchen table black... my list is a little long... maybe I should not say we are close to finished!
The Living Room
Remember THE sofa! This sofa was the one we got in CA for the house we tried to buy there. It was a floor model sale at 40% off and my dream sectional and since we all thought we would not have a problem getting our loan we bought it... Problem: the loan we could not get and the sofa we could not return. We tried begging the store to take it back and we tried selling it on craigslist but nothing worked. I did atleast sell my other sofas so I did make a little money and thankfully we bought them we we had a paycheck it's paid off. The store, Harvest Home, was so understanding and held the sofa for us from July to the day before we moved in their warehouse. I do LOVE the sofa and kind of glad we got to keep it (even though getting our money back would have been more practical for us right now). I did learn quite a lesson about buying things ahead of time.
The Kitchen/ My Desk
I got my mom's kitchen table that was her families when she was a little girl for the breakfast nook (my dining room table was my grandfathers too). It's perfect and I plan on painting it black (of course!).
The Dining Room
Nothing new except SPACE and the rug. The rug & fork, knife, and spoon art were also bought (on MAJOR floor model sale) in June for the CA house and Pottery Barn won't let you return anything after 30 days so I was stuck with it too. Oh darn!
Anderson's Room
Nothing new... same paint color and everything but he gained a lot more space and his walk in closet is basically empty. It's AMAZYING how many more clothes girls have than boys even at young ages.
That's all for now...


3 comments:
house looks great. I know you enjoy having so much more room. You have done a good job on docorating and I LOVE the couch. Lots of kiddy cluddling room. The Lord is Blessing you. Hugs & hugs
The house looks amazing! I can't believe how fast you work - does your mom keep the kids busy while you work? I never quite got that one figured out! Love the sparkly kitchen and the big sofa looks great!
I LOVE YOUR HOUSE - you are such a wonderful designer :) I'm too terrified to do much to a home.
Hope ya'll feel settled & at home soon! The carolinas are beautiful!
Post a Comment