Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Mom Leaves

My sweet mom that has done everything for me left on Sunday! Sad for us but I know after this crazy year we have had she is ready for a break from us and our crazy life... not a long break though because my parents come back for Christmas on the 23rd of December. We took her to the Charlston airport so we got to go to Seacoast for Church. Karoline never dreamed she was going to have to drive two hours to go to Sunday School! It was great but we were so sad to see Gammy go!!
We REALLY appriciate all the sacrifice and time BOTH our parents put into helping us move!! My dad got off kind of easy (he didn't have to drive across the country or put up with my two children in a car for 18 hours) but he still did a TON for us while we stayed with him at the hotel. Our parents made this move much better/ easier than it would have been without them thats for sure! So I say a MILLION thank you's to GiGi, PopPop, Gammy and Gandaddy!




2 comments:

Ryan, Emily, Avery and Isabel said...

Beth,
I forget my blog password so I just use Emily's :) I have been following you across country with my heart both grateful and sad. I am grateful God has called you to a fertile place ripe for His harvest. I am grateful for your safe travels and lovely new home. I am grateful that you and Emily got to share so much over the last few years. I am grateful for your mom's "mothering " of my daughter so often over the years. I am grateful Avery had such a good friend in Karoline. I am grateful for the prayers of a dear little girl for a "grandma" she was always so timid with in person. All of that also makes me sad for what my daughter has lost in her friendship with you. Life in SF is tough without a few good friends in Christ. I know that our God, who by His divine providence brought you and Emily together in one of the most unlikely places, has wonderful plans for both of you. I can't wait to see his plans unfold in both of your lives. I will miss seeing you in SF. I hope one day we will cross paths again..after all Myrtle Beach is not so far from Indy. Until then I will watch your children grow and watch God work in your lives and your mission.
Praying for you,
Sally Kerchner
rwkerchner@sbcglobal.net

LWB said...

There is nothing like the love, help, and sacrifice of moms! I called my mom in a panic about 6 weeks before we moved and said "If you don't come, I'm going to have a panic attack AND have this baby early!" So she came and stayed with us from CA, to AL, to GA and then back again after Audrey was born. There isn't enough gratitude for what they do!!! But one day we'll do the same thing for our kids b/c of what our moms did for us now. :)