Friday, May 08, 2009

Nature

We have beautiful protected woodlands behind us which we LOVE (except when there is a wildfire) and we have seen all kinds of birds. I took a few pictures today ... The baby blue bird have hatched and it is so fun to hear them chirping. Today the mama bird and papa bird were very busy feeding their young.


We also have a bird that has made a nest on our front porch. I took that pictures through the window so it's really not great but I didn't want to scare her because her nest is very close to our front door.

We also spotted a beautiful cardinal... Karoline loved how red he was.

Enough about birds... we have frogs that like our house too :) No one told us that frogs are everywhere in South Carolina :)

Here is Buster with a frog that jumped right next to the opening of the sliding glass door. I was trying to figure out how in the world I was going to get Buster back in the house without the frog jumping in!!

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Beautiful wildlife pictures. God's gifts to us. I love to watch my feeders but I don't get to see many bluebirds. They are so cautious. Hugs & hugs,