We got to Disney late Sunday night and checked into our resort. We stayed at one of their value resorts which was GREAT! All we needed because we were never in our room except to shower and sleep! It was clean, comfortable, affordable, had a GREAT pool, and we took Disney transportation everywhere. It was so nice to drive, park the car and not get back in it until we left!

Okay, so we went to Epcot the first day. We used a site called TouringPlans.com to help plan our trip to the parks since I had not been to Disney before. Epcot had the lowest crowd level projected so that's why it landed on our list first. We arrived when the park opened and headed straight to ride Soarin'. Anderson could not ride it so dad hung out with him. After dad and mom used their "Rider Switch" pass to go in the Fast Pass line so mom got to ride it twice. While they were riding we rode Living With The Land. Then we all road The Seas with Nemo and Friends and watched Turtle Talk with Crush. I think that might have been the kids favorite.


TJ and I wanted to ride Test Track so we got fast passes then went to lunch. After lunch mom and dad took the kids to meet some of Tinker Bell's friends while we rode Test Track. Karoline really enjoyed meeting them so we thought it was a great time to go meet Micky Mouse, Mini Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Pulto and the gang :)




Knowing Karoline and Anderson's deep fear of the Chickfila cow I was very nervous about how they would react. Micky was kind of a test run and Anderson would not go near him and Karoline wanted to be held. BUT Mini Mouse was another story. Karoline hugged her so tight and loved it and then was GREAT with the rest of them. Anderson slowly warmed up. We walked around to some of the different "countries" and met Alice in Wonderland, Mary Poppins, Pooh & Tigger too. After we walked around to see the beautiful topiaries. I will say that one of my favorite things about Epcot was the flowers and the incredible topiaries! I know HGTV is doing a special there next week. It really is amazing! My other favorite part was that everyone there called Karoline Princess... speaking of...




We went back to the room and quickly changed Karoline for her dinner with the princesses at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. I got her a new Belle outfit on clearance at our Disney Outlet store. Oh man she was on cloud 9! We walked in and she had her picture taken with Belle. While we ate dinner Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Arial came by and said hello, gave us their autograph and took pictures. This was part of our dining plan. Mom, Karoline and I ate with the Princesses and the men ate at the Biergarten Restaurant.
When we booked the trip the kids stayed and park tickets were free. So we ended up getting the dining plan and it was COMPLETELY WORTH IT! We ate so well (too well) all week and the character meals made the trip! It was so nice because we didn't feel like we had to wait in line at parks to get autographs and pictures because we knew we would see them at lunch/ dinner/ breakfast. We were able to do one character meal a day (which you have to book reservations MONTHS in advance), one quick service meal, and a snack each everyday. It was wonderful





Mom and dad went back to the room but TJ and I wanted to stay to ride Spaceship Earth and watch the IllumiNations:Reflections of Earth firework show. It was a LONG day... but so much fun!

2 comments:
Can't wait to see all your pictures!!! It is absolutely a wonderful vacation!!! I am so glad y'all got to go, and next time we go I am keeping it a secret from the kids for sure! What a great reaction!
Love it! So glad yall had a great time. Can't wait to read about the rest of the week!
Post a Comment