We enjoyed a quiet Christmas Day at home celebrating the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and enjoying the blessing of our family! We have traveled on Christmas Day in years past so it was pretty nice to just chill and the kids could play with their gifts all day. The kids woke up and saw what Santa brought them while the breakfast casseroles were cooking.
We opened all our gifts and I will say my favorite part was really surprising Karoline with the American Girl McKenna doll. I knew Karoline wanted her SO bad and I also knew she was quite popular so when she was sold out in November, I was glad I had ordered her in September! One day I hope my children understand what parents go through to try and provide them with a wonderful Christmas :) I'm sure when they have kids of their own they will understand and know the fun that it is and joy it brings. Anderson is always low key but he really loved all his gifts too. There are 2 videos at the bottom showing their excitement...
We enjoyed the rest of the day and I never even got out of my pajamas. I knew Barna was in heaven proud of me :) We did get to talk to family and got to Skype with Sarah. We are thankful for such a wonderful Christmas with family and we are so blessed. Thankful for our Saviors birth!
Time to see if Santa came...
Boxing gloves?
Santa even brought Buster a new food container...
Anderson and his gifts...
Karoline and her gifts...
Yes, that is our fake TV fire... it was lovely...
Anderson's big gift...
I found (or it was suggested to me) the ugliest shoes ever and gave them to TJ... he loves them!
Oh what a mess it was...
Karoline played with McKenna ALL day...
The cones are not for you Prissy!
We had a great Christmas dinner with all our favorites. In fact, Karoline asked if it was Thanksgiving Dinner again... pretty much but with a few changes. Ham, not turkey, and TJ's AMAZING fudge pecan pie! It was SO yummy! The perfect way to end a wonderful Christmas Day!
Seeing what Santa brought...
It's McKenna!





















































1 comment:
Aunt Loretta is behind in checking the blog. What a post Christmas treat--like I am there. I did miss seeing you this year and look forward to seeing you all soon. The Lord has blessed you and I know Gigi is smiling down on the good job you are doing with Karoline and Anderson. What a special family. What a christmas banquet. Love, love you all much.
Post a Comment