Friday, January 11, 2008

Potty Training A Toddler With a 11 Week Old Baby...


So today went pretty well. Karoline went potty 4 times before her afternoon nap at 1PM and only went once in her diaper. Then after her nap she did great again until about 5:30PM when daddy got home and I had to cook, we all ate, had bath time and then get Anderson ready for bed. It was just harder to put her on the potty every 30 min. or so. I was very proud of her for her first day but I am here to tell you it is HARD on ME to do this potty training thing. I can't get anything done practically and if Anderson is awake... well, see the above picture. Tomorrow is another day and I hope it goes well.

ANDERSON...



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beth, we're doing the SAME thing. It's not easy (for the mom) to potty train. Especially while holding a tiny infant. I'm stealing your idea about washing hands for a reward. Mel loves washing hands :) You've inspired me to really do this for good - I think I'll give it a good consistent week too, instead of being lazy... maybe next week ;)

love,
katy

Summer Pendley said...

Beth, Don't be so hard on yourself...you already have a million things to day in a day, so don't call yourself lazy b/c Karoline is not potty trained yet. It'll happen...of course, I understand the whole changing diapers thing..I know that will keep me busy very soon too! Noah has been in pull-ups for about 6 months, but he still prefers to use them as opposed to the potty. He goes 5-6 times a day in the potty, but I'm not pushing it at all....when they're ready, they're ready! That's my philosophy! :)