Monday, March 31, 2008

Signs of My Children

Last night while getting into bed I stepped on Diego and Baby Jaguar. I picked them up and just giggled. My sweet Karoline forgot them when she cleaned up all her toys. But I loved it because it reminded me of my sweet baby girl. See I have been gone the past two nights during our bedtime routines. I MISS being around to put my kids to bed. I always put Anderson to bed because I nurse him, but TJ usually puts Karoline to bed. But after they read and good night kisses she calls for me. We quickly talk about the books they read, say her Bible verse (see video below), say a quick prayer, and night night Karoline.

All this made me think about the little things I find around the house after they have gone to bed that I end up having to pick up. Sometimes it frustrates me because I am tired and I don't want to clean anymore... but they are signs of my children. Precious reminders of the wonderful gifts God has blessed me with. I really don't mind picking up Diego and Baby Jaguar. Infact, it is a pleasure!

Enjoy the video of Karoline saying her Bible verse all by herself and of her dancing.


Here is Anderson eating... it is a little slow (not very action packed). The Grandparents will love it though of course.

3 comments:

Kimberly Jones said...

They are so precious!!! Kylie especially loved the video of Karoline dancing:) We miss you!

Rory and Cindy said...

So cute, I love Karoline saying her verse!!!

LWB said...

Such good perspective! At the end of a long day, it's easy to forget the bigger picture. I will keep what you said tucked away as a reminder on those days when I need reminding that a lot of people would love to be in the position I/we are.