Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Nightmare Of Driving Home

Right after we left the family party it was like my children instantly became SO sick! Runny noses like crazy. I spent the whole drive from Birmingham to Atlanta backwards wiping noses. We stopped for gas and I got some benadryl for Karoline but that only made her CRAZY! I mean CRAZY! But she had to have it or she was miserable! We got to my best friend Kim's house around bedtime. It was so fun visiting with Kim and Andy in peace :) Our plan was to let the kids play all morning then all go to lunch, then leave from lunch...

With two sick kids our plans changed. We ate breakfast, quickly visited with Stacey and Ava (who were so sweet to come over despite us being sick), took two pictures, and left. I was SO sad we didn't get to stay longer! But I am thankful for even the little time we had together.

Ava, Kylie, and my two sick kids...



The drive home was HORRIBLE! Karoline was driving me crazy. She was totally not herself and I know it was because of the Benadryl. It makes her hyper, not sleepy! I was miserable because they were miserable and again I basically wiped noses every two minutes. My children also don't fall asleep well in cars so that was another major challenge. They were SO over tied!
I was rejoicing when we got home and put the kids to bed. They slept well last night and I am so thankful. My parents come today for Christmas! I am so excited. I just hope we don't get them sick too!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Ah yes..you've been blessed with one of the few children who get the opposite effect of benadryl ;) That was my best friend growing up too. My mom learned real quick that benadryl was not a good way to get her to calm down! I'm glad the rest of your trip went well anyway! Merry Christmas!