![Bill%20and%20Mama[1]](http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3468/3818909473_b5923ddb83.jpg)
This is a picture of my dad and my grandmother when my dad was about 4 or 5 years old in front of his dad's plane. His love for planes started when he was very little. My dad flew helicopters as a Marine and flew small planes when I was growing up. I used to fly with my dad all the time with my Cabbage patch Doll, Milly, in tow. I cannot believe my mom allowed Brent and I to fly in those tiny planes... So my dad has always LOVED planes.
When dad retired he purchased Ella Belle (named after Ella Pressley, my niece, and Karoline Belle). My dad is leasing the plane out as a business for income but enjoys it every now and then.
My dad flew from Texas and stopped in Griffin to see my grandmother and my aunt, Betty Jo. It was very emotional for Mama because my dad's dream was to have a little plane. Mama cried her eyes out and Betty Jo got to go for a ride. When Dad arrived in Myrtle Beach we took the kids to see the plane. NO my kids, my husband, my mother, and I will NEVER fly in this plane! I will not allow it!! but they can take pictures with it and play while on the ground all day long. So here are the pictures...
![IMG_0173[1]](http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3424/3818908583_2561bf257f.jpg)
![August%2012[1]](http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2676/3819715158_71e16eb2e6.jpg)
After landing in Myrtle Beach...









5 comments:
How cool! I'm w/ you - never would allow anyone to fly it; your mom is brave!
Great pics - what settings are you taking it on? You don't need a class - though you'd enjoy; you're already taking better pics than me!!
COOL!! Love the plane!
Random question:
I am trying to reconfigure Claire's room to give her more floor space. I remember your kids having great solutions for storage in their new rooms so I looked back at pics. I love both kids magazine racks/book shelves. I saw Karoline's at PBK but Andersons seems a little smaller and would be better for Claire's room. Where did you find his? I didn't see where PBK offered a smaller size magazine rack.
That is so awesome! I love the pictures and the story!
I want to fly!
NO GIGI... You are not allowed on the plane EITHER!!
Post a Comment