Saturday, August 09, 2008

7 Things I Learned This Week

Here are things I have learned this week...

1) I am MUCH more equipped to work at Home Depot than the employees I dealt with this week. A chandelier that was "out of stock, never coming back again, gone, gone, gone..." was AMAZINGLY on the shelf when I arrived at Home Depot. It's a miracle! And I had to help a lady in the carpet section because the employee could not answer her questions! Seriously, I asked a lady for help because I was trying to buy a lighting collection and she gave me a look like "you really want help?... am I supposed to do that?" Got the same look, and attitudes, from several other people!

2) "Closing" is a word that means nothing to me. We have had a million different closing dates and they all come and go... FRUSTRATING! They now say Tuesday...who knows. If I don't work at Home Depot in the future I want to be an underwriter and get people's mortgages done quickly! :) To clarify, we do not have a loan yet... we won't know about the loan until the day before we close. Isn't that just great!? They say things are looking good though.

3) I am 99.9% sure I do NOT want another baby. Our poor little man was/is sick and was up all night long last night. I don't think TJ and I have it in us to do the whole no sleep thing again. Say a prayer for our little man. He is SO stuffed up.

4) Sometimes doctors call and make appointments for you for no good reason. Anderson's foot doctor called yesterday saying he wanted to see him today and when we arrived he sent us home!!! He said he didn't need to really see him! What? He did give us our $30 co-pay back. Does he NOT know how hard it is getting two kids up and going in the morning and out the door for a morning doctors appointment!???

5) Don't schedule photo sessions during nap time. I don't think there is ever a good time to get professional photo's taken so I thought I would do it today!... AFTER the doctors appointment!... Oh it was horrible but we actually got some GREAT pictures of the kids. I can't wait to post them. They should be up tomorrow. Mom said it was like wrestling two alligators. It was madness!

6) I am VERY thankful to have my mom here... It's fantastic having a helping hand AND the ability to do some things with just TJ. TJ and I went and got ice cream tonight and that was a treat!

7) I am excited about the Olympics. I LOVE gymnastics, swimming, and diving the best and I hope TJ doesn't make me watch the stupid stuff like basketball! I didn't "learn" this but I thought I would add it in.

It's been a great week, but still have some frustrations about the house so pray that things keep rolling. Karoline got a haircut this week and Anderson got his rat-tale cut off. I don't count it as his first haircut because it was two cuts and I didn't have my camera with me. Here are some cute picture of the kids.

This picture describes the mood Karoline has been in all week :) The princes' crown is upside down.

Anderson is standing a lot now and Karoline likes to help...

Such a big boy standing up...



Anderson having fun with a basket of books...

Helping mommy with laundry...

Reading with Gammy in Anderson's room...

The new haircuts...

5 comments:

McCrory Family said...

So you got the loan?!? That's great! The first picture of Karoline is priceless! :)

Beth Goff said...

Nope... no loan yet. But they say it's looking good!

LWB said...

Catching up here - so glad that things look pretty good with the loan. I hate how they make you wait till the final hour before telling you about approval though. Seems like you are beginning to take it all in stride which is good - I always have to get beaten down by life before I can learn to chill a little. :) Hooray for your mom being around to help. Can't wait to hear the final verdict about the house - I have a good feeling about it, it just had to happen in a more roundabout way, unfortunately. We'll see in my intuition is right. :)
xxoxo

MDP said...

#1 - completely understand! On one of our last visits to the HD David was picking up a SMALL granite countertop we had ordered. It was broken in three places! (Remember - it was like 25 x 19 to start with!) David asked them to order a replacement and the employee was quite amazed that we actually were going to expect them to get it right on a second try! I no longer go to HD or Lowe's expecting anyone's help but my own. Oh, and yes, I was in HD last week and was handing out advice / giving directions because no one else could/was willing! Give your mom a hug for me!

Mag

Jared McCrory said...

Hang in there guys. The one picture of Anderson where he is looking up reminds me a lot of Karoline when she was that age- not so much to me in most pictures but in that one in particular.