"For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
I cannot stand my attitude! I am in a horrible mood. TJ, my mom, and probably my kids all with I would just leave the house and go let some anger out on something else but them. I am angry. I never get angry. I don't know how else to feel. I am SO tired of everyday getting a new closing date. I am tired of companies having to be called because the closing date changed yet again. I am frustrated and mad! I honestly feel like saying "Lord, do you not understand my schedule!?, Don't you understand that this was not my plan!"... I guess I just said it!
I pray for a change of attitude. I feel like I just need to be alone with the Lord but there is no were to go and I have two babies to take care of,a house that is a MESS, dust an inch thick I feel like, clutter all over, and endless laundry. Maybe tomorrow during nap time I can sneak away from the house...
I was talking with TJ last night on the way back from Karting (that will be another post once I get pictures) and he said that I should be asking the Lord what he wants me to be doing during this time of waiting. I feel like I have put my life on hold waiting for this loan to go through but I should not. I should be living life and enjoying my days. I need to get rid of my selfishness and focus on blessing and praying for others.
Though what I am dealing with is no fun at all and I do know that God cares about every detail of what I am going through, there are other people who are waiting and hurting more than I am. I ask you to pray with me for a few families who need your prayers:
1) Katie and Donnie Davis- Katie and I were in high school together. She was two years younger than me but we cheered on our high school competition squad together. She is going to deliver her baby, Catherine, on Thursday. You can read more about Catherine on their blog, http://letterstocatherine.blogspot.com/, but Catherine is not expected to live very long after birth. Some of her organs developed in her chest causing her lungs to not be developed properly. It is heartbreaking! I cannot even imagine. PLEASE pray for them!
2) Lindsay and Chris Carreker- Lindsay and I went to Auburn together. I actually knew her sister, Whitney, a little more because we swam together and played water polo for extra credit for swim class. Lindsay and I had many mutual friends since our sororities were pretty close. Anyway, Lindsay's husband, Chris, was diagnosed with prostate cancer a few weeks ago. Things are looking good and they got a good report from the doctors today but I still cannot imagine all the emotions they are going through. Please keep them in your prayers and they are expecting a baby boy in a few months. Their blog is http://thecarrekers.blogspot.com/.
3)Katherine Wolf- I know many of you know the story but it continues to way heavy on my heart. Please continue to pray for her and her family. God is doing amazing things and to HIM the the glory! You can keep up with her blog...http://www.katherinewolf.info/.
Thanks for joining me in prayer for these families. There is so much to be thankful for and I pray that I can focus on all the blessings in my life and not the petty little things that drive me crazy! :)
Anyway, I called B of A today and pretty much told them I was tired of being lead-on... I ask them to not give me a closing date every day and to please be honest and give me a date that they ACTUALLY think is REALISTIC! They said they cannot give me a date. Anyway, I am going to guess late next week according to everything that still needs to take place. If it is sooner than that, then great, but this is what I am going to plan on...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Oh my, I know this is hard! Get all your emotions out there, girl. There is something therapeutic about feeling your emotions and then dealing with them and I think you have to grapple with them before you really can deal with them. I'm sorry it's been such a disaster with the house and I would probably feel the same way you are feeling now. Thanks for being real about it all - we're all rooting for you guys and want you to have this house too! Hope that you can get some time alone tomorrow and that you will feel a little bit more refreshed by it.
xoox
Thanks for your comments on my last post. We do time outs and Claire despises them. Thankfully this is working because I would never be able to spank! I think I will definitely have to try your suggestion for the 1 nap. It is certainly time even though I keep trying to put it off - I love that time to myself in the morning!!
I am in shock that you have no closing date yet! I just thought banks and mortgage companies would be chomping at the bit to get rid of all these homes on the market - especially bank owned homes! But just think, if you had moved right away you never would have had all this great time with your mom!!
Beth. The way that has worked for me in stressful times is to concentrate on one thing at a time. Make a list of what you need to get done including the little things and check them off one by one. Each checkmark is a victory and before you know it you have control again. Lively music has always helped me too. Hugs & hugs, God Bless you four precious people.
beth, katy had her baby last night. i do not know any details other than the baby is in the NICU now. i'll udpate you when i know more. thought you would want to know.
Post a Comment