Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Paper Trail...

Okay, I am going to take a moment and express my frustrations with Bank of America and their mortgage center... Here is what we are dealing with...

Yesterday we were told we would close on Wednesday (tomorrow). They told us they had ALL the papers they needed for us... then they called today... here is how the conversation went...

BofA: The copies of your bank statement that you sent us are not going to work because it does not show your entire bank account number. We are going to need the statements that are mailed to you.

Me: We don't get statements in the mail.

BofA: You don't? Really? Well, what you gave us is not going to work.

My thoughts: YOU ARE BANK OF AMERICA- JUST LOOK UP MY DANG ACCOUNT YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me: Bank of America decided to push everyone to go "paperless" and we did. Now we are being punished for it!???

BofA: We'll I guess I'll have to see what I can do...

My thoughts: You DO that!!

She then went on to basically say she needed me to be able to document every penny that is in our savings and checking account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HECK!???

BofA: What was the deposit of $4,800 for?

Me: TJ's church credit card (expense report).

BofA: Have you paid that?

Me: Yes, and it is cleared.

BofA: Can you send me proof that it has cleared?

Me: Yes, but it's an online statement that apparently is non-acceptable!

My thoughts: Why did they even offer paperless statements if they don't count them as a REAL bank statement!!???

Anyway... we went on and on... it's just ridiculous! I guess because I know I am an honest person does not mean that they know I am an honest person. It's sad that so many dishonest people have caused this and now it effects an honest family of four just trying to buy a house to call home. I guess it is common for people to put random money in their accounts while they are in escrow so it looks like they have more than they really do...

I am fed up with it all... I want to be DONE. I want to close. I am tired of closing dates that come and go. Why can't they decide all the paperwork they want before the day we are supposed to close??? I recommend you NOT go with Bank of America for a home loan and also if you have any kind of money or savings you better be able to document every dime. I guess I should have done receipts for my garage sale because I am sure B of A will want to know where the $425 came from!!

Thanks for letting me vent... mom's at the store, TJ's at work, the kids are asleep so I lean on my blog for support! :) hehe! I am going to go ahead and guess that we will NOT be closing tomorrow! SHOCKER!!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

How frustrating! I'm so sorry that this has been such a hassle for you! I will be praying things will start to get easier! Hope Anderson gets better quick!

LWB said...

Oh how annoying and isn't that just like a business to make it so difficult and confusing for you. Your phone conversation was slightly amusing only b/c it was so ridiculous on their end! Oh, I hope this finishes up soon - I'm sorry it continues to drag on! Vent away, my friend!

Loretta said...

I am so sorry you have fallen into the paperwork pit. Hang in there. Hugs & hugs.

Summer Pendley said...

Beth,

We also have been forced to go paperless...it makes you wonder, "if that's the way that the banks want it, why are they surprised when you don't have any paper to show them?"

Just give over your frustrations to God...he will handle them. I completely understand your madness! :)

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! I'm so frustrated for you!! I'll keep praying.
Faith and I are getting together on Saturday-we'll be thinking of you!

Big Happy said...

wow i didn't know there was so much that went into buying a house that is a real mess and companies never are very empathetic with the whole situation